Rusutsu Resort is currently hiring ski & snowboard instructors for the 2016/17 winter season.
Rusutsu Resort benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Free ski-in/ski-out staff accommodation
- Free access to the resort facilities (swimming pool, hot spring etc.)
- Subsidised meals in the staff canteen
- Free season pass for Rusutsu Resort
- Regular Training & the chance to take additional Japanese SAJ Ski & SNB certifications
- Full assistance with bank accounts & government paperwork
- Regular ski school events and parties
- Visa sponsorship for highly experienced candidates
- A large vibrant team of Japanese and international staff
- A REAL Japanese cultural experience.
As an instructor your responsibility will be to teach and assist these guests during lessons to help them learn and develop the proper techniques of skiing. You will be required to effectively manage and plan lessons and operate according to the guests’ and resort’s schedules.
All instructors must be eligible for either a Japanese working holiday visa or a Japanese working visa (possess over 36 months of full time experience working as an instructor)
A successful candidate will fulfil the criteria by possessing all of the following requirements:
- Minimum Level 1 Ski or SNB licence.
- Fun, energetic and positive attitude
- Fluent or native level English ability
- Must be able to work 6 or more days per week, in high season
- Outstanding communication and guest service skills
- Valid first aid certificate
- Demonstrate excellent leadership ability
- Flexible , mature and professional
- Possess good time management skills
- Eligible for visa to work in Japan
Candidates who possess some or all of the additional requirements will be highly regarded:
- High level or duel certification
- Have prior instructing experience
- Previous relevant customer service experience
- Any Additional languages
- Willingness to experience Japanese culture
- Has any level of Japanese abilityor the strong desire to learn
If you are seeking a true Japanese experience with the chance to travel and experience the culture while working at a great resort with great conditions then don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to join the team at Rusutsu.
How to apply
- A completed application form
- A Résumé
- Covering letter.
Your Résumé and cover letter should detail what you can bring to the position and address the requirements stated. The cover letter should try to convey your personal attributes and character. Key points could refer to your passion for the snow, skiing, teaching and any experiences you have had as a ski instructor. Working in Japan can be a very rewarding yet challenging experience, please also describe why you wish to teach in Japan.
Fixed term contract
Employment from 1st December until specific contract completion date.
*Short term contracts available for university students.
Based on certification and experience.
Must be eligble for a either:
Working Holiday Visa
Skilled Labour Visa
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following to the contact address provided.
1.Completed application form,
3. Cover letter.
- Paul Hanlon
Rusutsu Resort Ski & Snowboard School
Due to the high amount of applications only successful applicants will be contacted.
Applications close October 2016.